Winter is a magical time in South Korea, where the snow and cold are met with warmth and joy through vibrant winter festivals. These festivals celebrate the season and offer a unique opportunity to experience the rich culture and traditions of the country. From ice-skating rinks to traditional markets, South Korean winter festivals have something for everyone. This is because many of the top theme parks in South Korea have spectacular winter festivals that need to be experienced by those traveling to Korea in the winter. Therefore, when visiting South Korea in the winter, make sure to visit these theme parks and have a great experience.
Winter Festivals at Theme Parks in South Korea
The Everland Christmas Fantasy Festival
If you’re looking for an unforgettable experience, you can’t go wrong with Everland in Korea. You’ll be transported to a world of excitement and imagination when you step through the gates. The rides are some of the best in the business, and the food is out of this world. But what sets Everland apart is the customer service. The employees go above and beyond to ensure that everyone is having a good time, and they seem to care about each guest. If you’re looking for a theme park that will exceed your expectations,
Everland is a short drive from Seoul but offers fun rides, parades, shows, and even their zoo! In addition, if you can make it here when it snows, the Christmas Fantasy Festival will be an even better experience. It typically runs for almost two months. Once in the park, there will be a 500-meter-long Christmas Avenue with Romantic Illumination LED lights. It takes over 120,000 LED lights to light up the festival. Check out the 26-meter-tall romantic tower tree, which can be seen inside and outside the park.
- Event period: Romantic Illumination November 12, 2023 – March 1, 2023 / Christmas Fantasy November 24, 2023 – December 31, 2023
- Venue: 199, Everland-ro, Pogok-eup, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Directions: Jeondae∙Everland Station (Yongin Everline), Exit 4. Walk for about 2-min to the shuttle bus station.
- Inquiries: +82-31-320-5000 (Korean, English, Chinese)
- Website: www.everland.com (Korean, English, Chinese)
Lotte World Christmas Miracle
Lotte World is a theme park in Korea that offers a variety of attractions for visitors to enjoy. The park is divided into two sections, the indoor Adventure Island and the outdoor Magic Island. Adventure Island features rides and attractions for all ages, such as roller coasters, carousels, and pirate ships. Magic Island is home to thrilling rides such as the bungee jump and Ferris wheel. In addition, the park also offers a variety of entertainment options, such as live shows, performance arts, and parades. Visitors can also enjoy the many shops and restaurants located throughout the park. Overall, Lotte World is a great place to visit for a fun-filled day.
This is the biggest indoor amusement park in the world. Moreover, it is located in Seoul and is only a few minutes taxi ride from Gangnam. They hold the Christmas Miracle against the backdrop of Lotte World Adventure. It is redone into a more Christmas atmosphere. There will be Christmas decorations, parades, carols, and even Santa Claus.
- The event period: November 12, 2023 – December 31, 2023
- Venue: 240, Olympic-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul
- Directions: Jamsil Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 4. Walk for about 5-min.
- Inquiries: +82-2-1661-2000 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Website: global.lotteworld.com (Korean, English)
Seoulland Christmas Festival
Similar to Everland, Seoulland is a combination of an amusement park and a zoo. However, like Everland, it is a bit outside of Seoul and will take 30-40 minutes to get there. The park is home to several rides, including a roller coaster, a log flume, and a carousel. In addition, Seoulland has several shows and performances throughout the day. Visitors can also explore the park’s different themed areas, including an Adventureland, a Fairy Tale Land, and a Lost City.
They have a special Christmas Festival called “Santa Run,” which includes special performances and gift donations. The “Santa Run” is for fathers looking to win prizes for their children. Make sure you stay for the Light Fantasy Show at the end of the day.
- Event period: November 17, 2023 – December 25, 2023
- Venue: 181, Gwangmyeong-ro, Gwacheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Directions: Grand Park Station (Seoul Subway Line 4), Exit 2. Walk for about 10-min to the Seoul Grand Park Plaza and take the elephant train. Get off at Seoulland Bus Stop. (separate fees applicable for elephant train)
- Website: seoulland. co.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
Those looking to save money can also find some affordable activities in Seoul!